Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quotes of Women, Love and Life :)

Yes, yes, lot of pink and girlish things are on their way :)
Well, what can I do that I was born as a girl and found it fascinating to read the every day quotes from the "Desk Calendar for Women".
As all my notebooks come and go as they please and it is almost impossible to keep a track on them, I better get the list of my favorites down here.
Well, as there were 360 something in total, my list of favorites is not very short either.
Yeah, which means that here will be quite many of them but so what?!
... I mean, it´s not as if there was a word limit or something when blogging. So, why should I try to make it short then !?
Just, I never know when I need to get some inspiration ;) Remember, like the "good old" times, when I wasn´t using my own thoughts but was constantly referring to somebody else´s wise words.
Heh, no need to remind me that though :)

A real friend is one who walks in when rest of the world walks out
/author unknown/

To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, is the next best
/William Makepeace Thackeray, 1811-64/

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place
/Zora Neale Hurston, 1891-1960/

No matter what a woman looks like, if she´s confident, she´s sexy
/Paris Hilton, born 1981/

There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness
/Marguerite, Counters of Blessington, 1789-1849/

Kisses are like tears, the only real ones are the ones you can´t hold back
/author unknown/

We can live without religion and meditation but we cannot survive without human affection
/Tenzin Gyatso 14th Dalai Lama, born 1935/

Being a full time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love
/Mildred B. Vermont/

A woman is as old as she looks before breakfast
/Edgar Watson Howe, 1853-1937/

Housework is what woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn´t done it
/Evan Esar, 1899-1995/

It´s possible to forgive someone a great deal if he makes you laugh
/Caroline Llewellyn/

Instead of getting hard ourselves and trying to compete, women should try to give their best qualities to men - bring them softness, teach them how to cry
/Joan Baez, born 1941/

Everyone hears what you say.
Friends listen to what you say.
Best friends listen to what you don´t say
.
/Anonymous/

My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me
/Winston Churchill, 1874-1965/

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can´t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they´ll be still there
/Amy Li/

You can kid the world. But not your sister.
/Charlotte Gray, born 1948/

One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself
/Betsy Cohen/

Elegance is a question of personality, more than one´s clothing
/Jean-Paul Caultier, born 1952/

Fashion is what you adopt when you don´t know who you are
/Quentin Crisp, 1908-99/

While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence - which, I believe, does make the woman
/Mary Kay Ash, 1918-2001/

Grandmothers are just antique little girls
/Author unknown/

The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn
/Gloria Steinem, born 1934/

Women always worry about the things that men forget; men always worry about the things women remember
/Author unknown/

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood
/Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900/

Love me when I least deserve it, because that´s when I really need it
/Author unknown/

Love does not consist in gazing at each other; but in looking outward together in the same direction.
/Antoine de Saint-Exupivy, 1900-44/

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue
/Author unknown/

It is important from time to time to slow down, to go away by yourself, and simply BE
/Eileen Caddly, 1917-2006/

A charming woman doesn´t follow the crowd. She is herself
/Loretta Young, 1913-2000/

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet
/Plato/

When a child is born, so are grandmothers
/Judith Levy/

The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do
/Author unknown/

Above all, remember that the most important thing you can take anywhere is not your Guzzi bag or French-cut jeans; it´s an open mind
/Gail Rubin Berny/

The expression a woman wears on her face is more important than the clothes she wears on her back
/Dale Carnegie, 1888-1955/

Whether you think you can or think you can´t - you are right
/Henry Ford, 1863-1942/

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you
/Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-82/

Life shrinks or expands on proportion to one´s courage
/Anais Nin, 1903-77/

It´s not who you are not that holds youd back, it´s who you think you are not
/Author unknown/

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them
/Michael Jordan, born 1963/

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us
/Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-82/

If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves
/Thomas Alva Edison, 1847-1931/

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you
/African proverb/

I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food
/W. C. Fields, 1880-1946/

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother
/Author unknown/

Find out who you are and do it on purpose
/Dolly Parton, born 1946/

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first
/Ernestine Ulmer/

It´s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother - that´s why the world calls her grandmother
/Author unknown/

I don´t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the lenght of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well
/Drane Ackerman, born 1948/

Age is something that doesn´t matter, unless you are a cheese
/Billie Burke, 1884-1970/

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn´t
/Erica Jong, born 1942/

Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has
/Margaret Mead, 1901-78/

Those who don´t know how to weep with their whole heart, don´t know how to laugh, either
/Golda Meir, 1898-1978/

Don´t compromise yourself, you are all you´ve got
/Janis Joplin, 1943-70/

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
/Eleanor Roosevelt, 1884-1962/

Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases think for yourself
/Doris Lening, born 1919/

Take your work seriously, but never yourself
/Magot Fonteyn, 1919-1991/

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world
/Anne Frank, 1929-45/

Follow your instincts. That´s where true wisdom manifests itself
/Oprah Winfrey, born 1954/

If only we´d stop trying to be happy, we´d have a pretty good time
/Edith Whaston, 1862-1937/

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else
/Emily Dickisnon, 1830-86/

A bird doesn´t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song
/Maya Angelon, born 1928/

The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next
/Ursula K. Le Gevin, born 1929/

???
So, what´s next?
I have no f....ng idea :)
I wish I had
... even though I must admit that Ursula K. Le Gevin is most probably right when she says that this UNCERTAINTY is the thing what makes life possible at all !?
Time really flies - it is almost midnight - time to go to bed, time to go to bed ...heh :)


*

Actually, one more thing. When writing all those dates, you know 1879-1865 etc etc, it made me think about the saying I´ve heard many times. Well it has been a day quotes already anyway :) That in the end THE LIFE WILL BE ONLY THE CAP BETWEEN TWO NUMBERS !!!
That's all it is.

You know, all this struggle for one single short line?
At least those people have their names and some sentences in addition to this cap between two numbers.
What is the legacy I want to leave behind?
What would I like to add into the cap between the 2 numbers? :) Bit hard topic, I know but today is bit mad in general.
It started in the morning when I had the weirdest dream ever. I think I have never ever had so many characters in my dreams during one night and such a wide range topics covered.
It started with my dad and doing some business plan with him, then there were loads of people I have worked with. My dad wanted to share a small shop and to share it with 7 more partners and so were discussing products, prizes and I remember that for me this sharing thing seemed very weird and I did everything to convince him to change his mind.
Another moment I was in high-school, letting everybody know that I am leaving for good ... I was crying like crazy (in the dream I mean) and then, a minute later, it was still me but in a complete rush, running away from someone, hiding myself into the plane and locking myself into the plane for many years.
By that time I was a black woman who suddenly had 4 black babies ??? and I was doing their laundry all day long, still locked in the plane, all my life was there really...Jesus Christ, like really, it was so damn real, all of it... so much so that the first minutes after an alarm I didn´t understand a thing??
All I felt was that I was so very exhausted from this night which was full of all those more than weird dreams?
But now I really gotta go to bed ... and have some new "interesting" dreams may be? Lol

Picture is from
www.dreamstime.com

No comments: